Looking for am all-natural way to keep your hands soft and silky smooth? This luxurious DIY Whipped Body Butter provides your skin with the moisture it craves without any harsh chemical ingredients. Containing only 5 ingredients this all-natural whipped body butter is easy to make and smells amazing!
This body butter is perfect for the winter months when your skin can be at its driest. It melts into your skin and acts more like a oil than a lotion. Leaving your skin ultra moisturized and silky smooth without feeling greasy.
Don’t let the idea of making your own body butter intimate you. It’s actually a super simple process and once you get the hang of it you’ll never go back to store-bought lotions! This body butter also makes a great homemade gift for birthdays, holidays, or hostess gifts!!!
All the ingredients I used for this Body Butter I bought through Amazon and I’ve included a link to each product to make it even easier for you to find!
All Natural Whipped Body Butter with Lavender Essential Oil
1/2 Cup – Unrefined Shea Butter
1/4 Cup – Raw Mango Butter
1/4 Cup – Sweet Almond Oil
1 Tbsp – Arrowroot Powder
10-15 Drops of Lavender Essential Oil
1. Combine Shea butter and Mango butter in a glass bowl.
2. Melt the butters over medium heat using a double boiler. You can create a simple double boiler by filling a pot with water and placing a glass bowl over top. You will want to fill the pot with enough water to immerse at least 1/4 of the glass bowl.
3. Once the butters are completely melted remove the bowl from the heat. Add the sweet almond oil, arrowroot powder, and lavender essential oil. Mix until combined.
4. Next, you’ll need to cool the mixture. You can either place it in the fridge for 20 minutes or can place the bowl in an ice bath for 10 minutes. I prefer the ice bath method, this way I don’t have to worry about the heat from the bowl warming anything in the fridge.
5. Once the mixture is cooled and starting to harden transfer to your mixing bowl and mix on high for one minute. If you do not have a stand mixer then you can use a hand mixer on its highest setting.
6. Mix until it begins to form stiff peaks and has the look of whipped cream.
7. Transfer body butter into an airtight container and you’re all done! It’s that easy!!!!
If you loved this lotion that you should check out my 5 Minute Lavender Coconut Oil Hand Scrub. Make both for the perfect handmade birthday or hostess gift!!!