Looking for a dairy-free Valentine’s day treat for your kids? These dairy-free Strawberry Rice Krispy Treats are not only easy to make but absolutely delicious! And the strawberry powder gives it the perfect shade fo pink for Valentine’s day.
Instead of using butter like the recipe for Rice Krispy treats usually calls for, I used soy-free Earth Balance Vegan Butter. Although I’m sure that any vegan butter will work just as well. That one simple switch makes these Rice Krispy Treats dairy-free!
To give these Rice Krispy Treats the delicious strawberry flavor I used a strawberry powder. You can either buy premade strawberry powder or you can make your own, which is what I do. To make your own strawberry powder all you need is a small bag of Freeze-Dried Strawberries, which you can buy at Walmart or Trader Joe’s for a few dollars. Toss them in a food processor and pulse until it forms a fine powder. Super simple, quick, and way less expensive than buying premade strawberry powder.
They’re super quick and easy to make which is perfect if you need to make a quick batch for a classroom Valentine’s Day party or you just want to make them for a sweet lunchbox surprise. These dairy-free strawberry rice Krispy treats will put a smile on little faces this Valentine’s Day!
Dairy-Free Strawberry Rice Krispy Treats
- 6 cup Rice Krispies
- 5 tbs Vegan Butter
- 10 oz Marshmallows
- 1 cup Strawberry powder
- Place freeze-dried strawberries into a food processor and pulse until a fine powder is formed. Set aside 1 cup of strawberry powder and save any leftover powder in a ziplock back for future use.
- In a large pan melt butter over medium heat and stir until completely melted.
- Add strawberry powder and Rice Krispies and stir until completely combined.
- Press the mixture evenly into a 13×9 in pan
- *optional* top with Valentine’s Day themed sprinkles
- Allergy-Friendly Vegan Waffles – The perfect breakfast recipe for kids with food allergies and intolerances
- Easy 5 Minute Pickled Red Onions
- Vegan Blueberry & Spinach Smoothie With Almond Milk Yogurt
Love it? Pin it!